Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wow, I saw the biggest water EVER! It was ALIVE! At least, it kept coming towards us, trying to lap at our paws. It was called "Lake Michigan". I didn't let it get ME wet, and I pulled at Mommy so it wouldn't get her either. She sat right down on the sand and put her feet in it. Humans sure aren't too smart sometimes.

The sand was really neat for digging. I got some major holes in before we left. I mean BIG ONES.

Last night we went down to our big water - I thought Lake Winnebago was big until we went to see Lake Michigan on Sunday. At first I didn't want to get my paws wet - this beautiful long fur isn't easy to keep stylin' - but some other guys were there and we started playing chase and before I knew it I was in the water. Up to my chest! Man, those dogs could swim. They were all Labs - a fine looking blond lady, her black Lab brother, and two chocolate labs. One of the brown ones - I think his name was Brody - was AMAZING, he swam so far out to fetch his tennis ball and then back in. Maybe next time I'll try swimming a little.

Well time for our evening walk, I think. It's been so hot and humid I haven't felt like going far and neither has Mom. We wait until it's almost dark so the sidewalk isn't hot on our paws but still, between being hot and those nasty mosquitoes, I've been slacking off and Mommy needs the exercise.

See ya!

Xander Spaniel

No comments: